II. SEMESTER PROGRAMMES
A. For Undergraduate Students
Consult the general programme of the Diploma courses
Consulat the programme of courses per semester:
- Diploma of French Language and Literature: 1st year – 2nd year – 3rd year – 4th year
- Diploma of Modern Languages and European Studies: 1st year – 2nd year – 3rd year – 4th year
* For registration to the courses FES 472 ou FES 475 Mémoire de fin d’études, there are requirements: a) successful completion of 180ECTS AND b) an overall average of 7 or proven writing/research ability.
* The courses FES 102 and FES 103 are each accompanied by a mandatory tutorial which takes place once a week. Students must register for the two courses offered on the programme.
The Supplementary Compulsory Courses (fluctuating courses) for the semester are as follows:
FES 240 Littérature moderne (1870-1945)
FES 245 Rhétorique de la publicité
FES 299 Mεταφραστική τεχνολογια / μετάφραση και Η/Υ
FES 300 Lexicologie-lexicographie
FES 347 La France devant les grands défis de l’UE
FES 360 Didactique du FLE
FES 433 Transformations du texte littéraire
FES 439 Littérature et peinture
The courses of the other Departments offered for the Diploma in Modern Languages and European Studies are as follows:
LAN 100.36 General Advanced English (time schedule)
ENG 101.3 English for Academic Purpose (time schedule)
ENG 239 Frontiers in/of Europe
ENG 279 Εισαγωγή στη Κριτική Σκέψη
ENG 336 Σύγχρονο Θέατρο Α
ENG 530 Έρωτας στο 20ο Αιώνα
SPS 251 Πολιτικό Σύστημα της Κύπρου (time schedule)
HIST 181.2 Εισαγωγή στην Ευρωπαϊκή Ιστορία (time schedule)
HIST 285 Ευρώπη 1919-1945: Από την Συνθήκη των Βερσαλλιών ως την κατάρρευση της Ναζιστικής Γερμανίας (time schedule) – In order to register to the course HIST 285 you have to succeed the course HIST 181
LAW 101 Εισαγωγή στη Νομική Επιστήμη και Μέθοδο (time schedule)
LAW 201 Δίκαιο Ευρωπαϊκής Ένωσης Ι
The courses of the Language Center offered for the students of French Language and Literature are as follows:
LAN 107 Français niveau intermédiaire I (Time Schedule)
LAN 108 Français niveau intermédiaire ΙΙ (Time Schedule)
THE LAN 105 COURSE IS PROHIBITED TO STUDENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT, except for exceptional reasons (subject to the agreement of the Departmental Council)
For optional courses (free choice) for students of the Diploma in Modern Languages and European Studies:
(a) For first and second year students of the Diploma in Modern Languages and European Studies, the obligation to enrol in optional courses is no longer in force (students are not obliged to enrol in free choice optional courses).
(b) Students in the third and fourth years of the Diploma in Modern Languages and European Studies must enrol in free-choice optional courses until the end of their studies in order to fulfil the requirements of the Diploma.
Students of the former programme are asked to consult the correspondence table (in greek).
Students must select and enrol in courses corresponding to the semester of their academic career (note: students who have exceeded 8 semesters are all considered 4th year students). The estimation of the academic year s based on the number of semesters in which each student has been assessed.
|Academic year||Number of semesters assessed||Number of ECTS|
|Student of the 1st year||From 0 to 1 semester||0-59,99 ECTS|
|Student of the 2nd year||From 2 to 3 semesters||60-119,99 ECTS|
|Student of the 3rd year||From 4 to 5 semesters||120-179,99 ECTS|
|Student of the 4th year||6 semesters or more||180 et + ECTS|
B. For Postgraduate Students (Master)
3) Students of the Master in Didactics of French as a Foreign Language (1st and 2nd semester) must register online for the following courses:
- FES 731 TlCΕ dans la didactique du FLE (10 ECTS) ( Dora Loizidou, Πέμπτη/jeudi/Thursday, 9:00-12:00)
- FES 734 Grammaire de la didactique du FLE (10 ECTS) (Pr. Fryni Kakoyianni-Doa, Πέμπτη/jeudi/Thursday, 12:00-15:00)
- EDU 623 Παρατήρηση και Αξιολόγηση Διδασκαλίας και Εκπαιδευτικού Προσωπικού (12 ECTS) (Τετάρτη/mercredi/Wednesday, 18:00-21:00) (Emploi du temps EDU)
4) Students of the Master in European Studies (1st and 2nd semester) must register online for the following courses:
- FES 758 Discourse, Borders and Migration (10 ECTS) (Pr. Fabienne Baider, Δευτέρα/lundi/Monday, 13:30-16:30)
- FES 759 Dada et surréalisme : mouvements européens (10 ECTS) (Pr. Yiannis Ioannou, Πέμπτη/jeudi/Thursday, 10:30-13:30)
- FES 770 Which Political Form for Which Europe (10 ECTS) (Pr. Panagiotis Christias, Πέμπτη/jeudi/Thursday, 15:00-18:00)
5) Students of the third semester (2nd year) of the Master in Didactics of French as a Foreign Language and of the Master in European Studies are requested to register online after agreement of their supervising professor and of the Head of the Master programmes, Mr Panagiotis Christias,
- to FES 747 Final Dissertation (Master in Didactics)
- or FES à 780 Final Dissertation (Master EUR)
The type of work required will be defined between the student and the supervising teacher.
C. For PHD students (Postgraduate)
3) All students in the PhD programme must register online for the research/writing stage corresponding to their semester that bears the name of their supervisor (e.g. FES 650Α.1 for Prof. Doa). If they have to take their qualifying examination, thesis proposal or defence, they must also register for the examination, proposal or defence that bears the name of their supervisor.
4) First year PhD students can register online for either FES 650Α and FES 650Β (30 ECTS) or FES 650Α only (15 ECTS) if they consider that they will have enough time to complete their research. They must register for the research stage(s) that bears the name of their supervisor (e.g. FES 650Α.1 for Prof. Doa)
Number corresponding to each supervisor:
- 1. Fryni Kakoyianni – Doa
- 2. Fabienne Baider
- 3. May Chehab
- 5. Yiannis Ioannou
- 7. Panagiotis Christias
- 8. Christakis Christofi
5) All PhD students must obligatorily register in the winter semester for the PhD tutorial/meeting (FES 655 MT180) corresponding to their year of registration (FES 655.1 for 1st year, FES 655.2 for the students of the 2nd year, etc.).
6) Structure of the programme:
To obtain the PhD in French or European Studies, the student must validate a minimum of 240 ECTS. The distribution of ECTS in the different stages is as follows:
|Research stage I
Research stage IΙ
Research stage IΙΙ
Research stage IV
Draft stage I
Draft stage ΙI
7) For more information:
For more information, please consult the coordinator of the programme, Mr. Panagiotis Christias, associate Professor, and/or Mrs. Georgia Soteriou, secretary of the Department.